It has been a "Wanderful" Math year with your child this year!
Keep up those Math skills this summer by using a deck of cards or dice to play games this summer. Ask your child to show you how to play Card on my Forward, Salute, or Goldfish with a deck of Cards. Things to do to practice Math this summer in the car or at home:
1. Start counting from any number forward, but than reverse and go backwards. (skip count)
2. Have your child tell you different ways to make 10, 12, or 20? Use different numbers to come up with different combinations.
3. Practice adding or subtracting numbers by counting on or down.
4. Count coins this summer. Coins is a great tool to help skip count.
5. Find Geometry Shapes outside . How many sides and angles? Find 3D shapes in the house?
6. Work on Telling time. If we go to the grocer y store at 12:30 and shop for an hour and a half, what time will we be finished?
7. Practice Counting objects.